Friday, February 24, 2012

Stampin' Addicts 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop- Girls' Night Party


Another year older and better than ever!! Stampin' Addicts is 3 years old now! And to celebrate, everyone on this hop has done a different party theme. 

If you lose your way, here is a link to the master list for the hop. Feel free to leave  a comment on that thread also, and suggestions for future hops are always welcome :)

 I am stop #5, so you may have just arrived from Heidi's blog where she did  a Rapunzel Birthday Party. That woman always blows me away with her creativity, so I am feeling a little intimidated today :) Leave her some love! So let's see if I can wow you with my Girls' Night theme. I could have gone many ways with this, but I chose to use colors that match the walls, I mean the insulation sheets (roll eyes), in my kitchen, which are just a titch lighter than Daffodil Delight. Think banana yellow, since I am looking at the bananas sitting right next to my wall and they almost blend in.... This is a bit of a challenge to make things look good for a party. I mean yellow is not exactly a neutral color. Oh, and I do have white salad plates, and yellow salad plates, which will fit nicely in the 3 tiered goodie rack I bought before Christmas. I plan on making some carrot cake cupcakes, some Sweet Pressed Shortbread cookies with the flower stamped on them.



So let's start with the invitation! If you have followed my blog for very long, you know I love all things Crumb Cake, including the packing paper that comes in the SU orders :) I discovered that you can easily punch through 4 layers of it at once! This flower takes 8 Blossom punches to complete, and it is so full and lovely! 

Now, the Raining Flowers set is one we got at convention, and I really wasn't sure I liked it at first, but it has definitely grown on me. I like the modern feel to it and the endless combinations you can do with it. The sentiment is from Hugs & Wishes, which is only available on MDS now. 


The first project I did was actually this banner. This is only 1/4 of the banner, I couldn't get a good picture of the whole thing as it is hanging above my 5 foot wide kitchen window. Way too distracting in a photo. The centers of the flowers are all buttons and glimmer brads. I figure when I am done with the banner, I can reclaim them to use on another projects!  The white flowers are 6 layers of  White Waffle paper punched with the Fancy Flower punch, and the yellow is 4 layers of Faux Sueded Daffodil Delight cardstock punched with the 5-Petal Flower punch.


Now these are for popcorn in my mind, but could hold all kinds of things. When I think Girls' Night, I think drinks, cupcakes, cookies, cheese and crackers, popcorn, and movies. These are paper lunch bags cut with the Adorning Accents Edglit and then embossed with the coordinating embossing folder. I found that you can cut and emboss 2 bags at a time! And each one is slightly different so you can tell which one is yours :) Imaging having those flavored popcorn sprinkles for everyone to customize their fresh buttery popcorn, yum!

I had to make a wine tag. They just look so fun! Come back next week and I will tell you how I made it. Super easy. The sentiment is from Pursuit of Happiness and it just goes so well with the vibe of this theme. And I just had to do some coasters. I have gobs of blank ones in my stash, and they take ink so well, I couldn't resist. I think it too me about 10 minutes to do these 4.  

Now I can't wait to have a Girls' Night party!! All I need to do is pick a date and call the girls! ANd hope I can find a night most of us don't work, lol!

On to the next hop where Lisa is going to show us a FABULOUS bridal shower theme! Boy, I tell you it is tough to be stuck between these two because they are sure to outshine little old me! Yes, I can be clever, and make some cute stuff, but these ladies are such inspirations to me!


16 comments:

Katherine said...

I always love banners, and yours is so fun. What a neat idea to emboss the lunch sacks, they came out great!

Kim said...

All such great party ideas. I love the color theme. I like your idea of reusing the flowers afterwards. My overnight bag is packed, when are we doing this? lol

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Fabulous Tanya! I love the color theme you chose. Your banner is amazing. Love the hanging flowers. Great job on all your projects!

Betty said...

Looks like you will be having a very fun and stylish evening! I absolutely love all your flower ideas and the suspended row on the banner is lovely!

Yapha said...

What fabulous ideas! I love how you fancied up those paper bags -- they look magnificent! And the coasters are super cute too!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

I can't see colors right on this monitor and I so wish I could. Will be doing this hop again when we get a new monitor. Love love love those bags! The coasters are such a cute idea, and wow, I know you didn't make it, but what a pretty wine stopper. Love the banner too.

Shelley Z said...

Love these colors! The flowers hanging from your banner are beautiful! What's the date of this party? I'm not THAT far away!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Well aren't you clever using the packing paper for the flower! That is such a great way to recycle and it is functional and beautiful too! Fantastic job, Tanya.

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Love the flowers on the banner and the embossed sacks!! Cute projects!

Debbi said...

What a fun party! Great idea to use the edgelits on the bags to make them purty. Beautiful flowers too.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

What a great party idea! I love all of it! LOVE that banner!! Love the colors just LOVE everything! lol

Anonymous said...

Put a picture of the wine bottle on the invite - they'll show... lol

Wonderful projects, as usual! Thanks for the ideas on the packing paper and fancied up lunch sacks. So cute and so affordable!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the packages and the banner! Very fun ideas!

Heidi Baks said...

Call me, call me! Sounds like super fun!! And lots of giggles, I'm sure. I love the flowers hanging down in the middle of your banner - very creative! Thx for your kind words, BTW... you know you are awesome! :)

Paula said...

Fun stuff Tanya! I want to come. :)

Cindy said...

I absolutely LOVE what you did with the bags! (I just added lunch sacks to my shopping list!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails