Sunday, February 26, 2012

Splendid Birthday


This is the last of the swaps for the birthday card swap. This is the for GENERAL category. I liked this one so much, we made it for club this month!


I love the 3 banners that are each stamped with a different leaf. For the 10 swap cards I did, I stamped the cardstock, then cut it. Great time saver! Notice I did not ink any edges or outline anything. While I am sure  this would make the card look better, I was trying to keep this fairly simple, especially since there is actual stitching on it. For the swaps, I must confess, I used a zig-zag stitch on the sewing machine...
The dovetails on the banners were made with a square punch which is super fast too.

  • Stamps: Autumn Splendor, Perfectly Penned
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso (I used Chocolate Chip on the swaps, looks better), Whisper White
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso
  • Other: 1¼" Square punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, Paper Piercer with Mat Pack, White Baker's Twine, Silver Mini Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

Bev Gomez said...

Hi Tanya,
Cute card and guess what, I live about 90 miles north of you in Grygla. Check out my blog at www.stampingwithbev.blogspot. Geesh we should get together and stamp sometime. Love your blog. Hugs,Bev

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails