Another set of Mini Books! These things are so darn cute. I decided these counted as a scrapbooking project and this is what we made for club in November. And of course, I had to use some of that yummy Deck the Halls paper...which I am almost out of! See, I can reach my goals of not hoarding! If I have learned anything, it is that there is always something new that I will love just as much, so use it while it is current.
We made these in 3 colors, so I didn't use up my whole stash of any one color.
Crumb Cake with Very Vanilla ribbon
- Stamps: Serene Snowflakes
- Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake, deck the Halls DSP
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake
- Other: Corner Rounder punch, ½" Seam Binding ribbon in Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke,and Very Vanilla, paper cutter with scoring blade, Velcro dots
- Start with a 12x12 piece of cardstock. Cut into four 2¾" strips.
- Cut one down to 11"
- Score the three 12" pieces at 3", 6", and 9". Accordion fold and adhere into one long strip. These are the book pages.
- Score the 11" piece at 3",3½", 6½", 7", and 9" and fold all in the same direction. This is the book cover.
- Stamp on one side of each piece.
- On the cover, fold the 2" section over and adhere down. This creates a reinforced flap. Round the corners.
- Finish decorating as desired.
- Adhere the accordian folds to form the pages, leaving about 1" free of adhesive at the book binding edge.
- Adhere the first and last pages, which are single layer, to the 3" section of the book cover.
- Stick the Velcro pieces to each other, apply to the flap, then close the flap to adhere to the other side. Doing it this way ensures that the 2 pieces will always line up the first time :)
And the inside of the Crumb Cake book. Can't you just imagine these filled with pictures of your kids to give to grandparents, aunts, and uncles?! I know I can :)