Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Snowflake Tealight Gift Ensemble Part 3


Today is the final episode of the Snowflake saga! We will be making a box to put all of these lovelies in! You can decorate it as elaborately as you like. I went middle of the road on mine, for me anyway, lol!


Here is a peek inside. I used the Northern Hearts set to decorate the box, inking the main image with markers before stamping. I really like the feel of this set.



The lid and the panels are Naturals White which I prefer to use over Whisper White because it is a little sturdier and doesn't catch and hold every bit of ink I accidentally get on it. Yes, my fingers get inky when I am stamping :)
  • Stamps: Northern Hearts
  • Paper: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Naturals White
  • Ink: Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade
  • Other: paper cutter with scoring blade, paper snips, strong adhesive, 1 yd of ribbon (retired Chocolate Chip 1" Satin used here)


Inside the box there are dividers to keep everything tidy. I will try to give some brief directions for the box and dividers.
Box Bottom:

  1. Start with a 10½" square, score each side at 2".
  2. At corners cut on score line in to the intersecting score line on 2 sides opposite of each other. 
  3. Do any stamping on box bottom now. Apply panels now. My panels were 1½"x6"
  4. Crease well on all score lines, fold tabs in and adhere with a strong liquid glue or sticky strip. I use Tombow Mono Aqua glue and it holds just fine ( allergy to latex prevents me from using Tombow Mono Multi glue which is the BEST glue).
  5. The largest part of the dividers starts as a 10-3/8"x6-3/8 piece of cardstock, score at 3¼", 5¼", and 7¼". 
  6. Put glue on the inside of the mountain fold and glue together. Cut a 1/8" wide slot into the center of the mountain fold.
  7. The smaller part of the divider is 5"x6-3/8". Score at ½" on each end (score lines will be 6-3/8" long).
  8. Glue your mountain fold together on this piece also. Then cut a 1/8" wide slot into the center of each flap or foot of the mountain.
  9. Your dividers should now slide together. Adhere the feet down onto the main body of the divider. It should pop right into the box.
  10.  
    Box Top

  1. Start with 8½" square. Score all four sides at 15/16"
  2. At corners cut on score line in to the intersecting score line on 2 sides opposite of each other. 
  3. Do any stamping on box bottom now. Apply panels now.
  4. Crease well on all score lines, fold tabs in and adhere with a strong liquid glue or sticky strip
Box is complete! Now you can put all the goodies in it!



Mine is tied with about a yard of Chocolate Chip Satin ribbon that I have a quite impressive stash of  :) It is my favorite of the satin ribbons we have had.
I would love to see all of your creations! Post a comment with a link to yours so we can all enjoy them :) I hope you enjoyed this saga and that you will return for more in the near future!

9 comments:

Yapha said...

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better... Wow! This is an amazing ensemble!! Great project!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very cool and pretty will make an awesome gift!!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Such a great gift idea--thanks for sharing!

Shelley Z said...

What a lovely gift! Easy to understand directions. Can't wait to give it a try!

Cindy said...

I so love these, Tanya, but I'm struggling with mine. You might find my (mis)adventures in this technique amusing. ;-)

Heidi Baks said...

Fabulous! Love what you did with the box!!

Tiziana said...

WOW Tanya, the snowflake tealight gift ensemble is just amazing. And a BIG THANK YOU for sharing how you put this together, just incredible!!!

lisa808 said...

Awesome gift idea, tfs.

MariLynn said...

Awesome job with your snowflake tutorial saga!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails