Time for part 2! Today is the Snowflake die cut tealight holders! These are so cute, but a little tricky in the Big Shot. I had been planning to get the Flower Folds die to make tealight holders, which everyone else has been making for a year now! I saw someone somewhere (sorry I don't remember who) using the snowflake die, and I have that already, and I had purchased a 50 foot roll of 6" wide flashing at the hardware store about a month ago just for this kind of project. I should be able to get a lot of tea light holders out of that, lol
The trick for me to get all of the little holes punched through was to make sure the cutting plated was in full contact with the die (if it is warped, you want the middle of the plate touching the die), adding a couple paper shims, and doing 2-3 passes through the Big Shot. This is because this is such an intricate die. It you were using the Flower Folds or some other solid image die, it works just fine with just one pass. The leaf die is rather intricate also, so I would do a couple passes with that one too. Oh jeez.. I went off on another tangent! Just a peek into the mind of Tanya... I always have at least 2 things going on in my mind at any one time...
Then to pop the branches up, I set a tealight in the center and fold each branch up around it. The middle holder is done the same way with 2 Snowflakes. I tried using just Sticky Strip to hold them together but they kept coming apart. Then I tried to put an eyelet in, but I couldn't get the Crop-A-Dile in to the center to set the eyelet without bending it all up, so I put a brad in the center after punching the holes in the snowflakes one at a time. The prongs are on the top so the tealight sits flat in the holder. That is all there is to this portion of the project!
- Supplies: Flashing (thin metal available at your local hardware store), Big Shot with Snowflake die, Crop-A-Dile, Brad