They burn quite nicely too. I know there are lots of people out there very worried about the super thin little layer of tissue paper on these candles that could potentially burn down your house, but really. Come on. Unless you are burning this candle near something else flammable, like right next to a curtain or something, it will be just fine! There is a split second like flash that does not FLARE when the flame hits it and that is it. So, don't burn these near anything flammable, ok :-) Now that I am done with my soapbox, on to the fun of the project!
- Punch out your 1-3/8" circles of tissue paper- sandwich 4 layers of tissue paper between 2 layers of copy paper to punch them out so the punch has something sturdy to bite into.
- Keep your sandwich together and punch a 1/16" hole in the center for the wick to slide through.
- Stamp your image on the tissue paper.
- Slide the stamped circle over the wick and heat with a heat gun until melted into the top of the tealight. All done!
- Stamps: Northern Hearts
- Paper: Tissue paper
- Ink: Marina Mist
- Other: 1-3/8" Circle punch, 1/16" punch, heat gun, tealights