Monday, December 9, 2013

Ikat Happiness

I had a great weekend! We had the first of many Christmas celebrations of this season on Sunday. There were 17 people in my house, all family members, and all of my kids were there. We cooked, laughed, played games, and ate a huge dinner. For the first time in about 5 years, I am really feeling the Christmas spirit the way I love to feel it :) Of course, I spent 3 days cleaning my house, putting up decorations, gift shopping, and cooking to prepare for this party. And now I can revel in the loveliness that remains after everyone left. AND I still have lots of merriment to enjoy. Usually it is over much too quickly.


http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2013/12/mojo-monday-323.html
Now, on to the card! The mojo for this card came from this sketch from Mojo Monday. I had been playing around with the new photopolymer stamp set that I just got, and needed a way to use the panel of patterned paper I had created. This fit the bill perfectly :)

I also used a piece that was laying on my desk that did not make it on to an earlier card, the oval with the Calypso Coral image from Everything Eleanor. All I had to do was add the paper piercing and the embossed sentiment!
  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Yippe-Skippee, Eye-Catching Ikat
  • Ink: Calypso Coral,  Pool Party, Island Indigo, Versamark, Silver Encore
  • Paper: White, Pool Party Core'dinations, coasterboard
  • Other: Big Shot with Ovals framelits, Woodgrain embossing folder, and non-SU button die, Sanding Block, Paper Piercer and Mat, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack, Island Indigo Ruffled ribbon (retired), Embossing Buddy, Pewter embossing powder, Heat Tool, Silver 1/8" ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, sewing machine and thread
There was a scrap of the stamped background left so that got added to the inside of the card. I am thinking birthday, congratulations, baby, or just a general occasion will work for this card. Gotta love a versatile card in your stash :)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this!!! Love the colors too!

Yapha Mason said...

What a great card! I love that you made your own DSP. And it is stamped so perfectly!!

Anonymous said...

This is a fun, happy card! Great job with the layout and new stamp set. Thanks for sharing a way to use it! I'm starting to see Ikat designs everywhere (pillows, shirts, etc.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails