As promised, I am back today with a tutorial on a box that will hold 4 K Cups! We do not have a Keurig at our house, so I bought some hot chocolate cups so I could take them to work. They are also a versatile gift for a family :)
I thought a diagram might be the most efficient way to show you the pieces of the box. I love diagrams, you can pack a lot of info into a little space :) You can clink on the picture to make it bigger and to print it. Or Here is a link to this as a PDF.
- The box base starts as a 7-9/16"x11-3/4" piece.
- With the 7-9/16" edge at the top, score at 1-3/4" and 10".
- Turn the card stock 90° so the 11-3/4" side is now at the top. Score at 1", 2-3/4",4-13/16", and 6-9/16".
- Cut out the shaded areas and on the cut line to make flaps. There will not be a fold over for the short ends as we don't have paper long enough :) That is what the little reinforcement pieces are for.
- Cut 2 reinforcement pieces, 1-15/16"x2" each. With the 1-15/16" side at the top, score down the middle at 1".
- Optional step: stamp the box base, stamp any message you want on the inside of the box.
- Crease all folds well with bone folder.
- Apply sticky strip to the 2 outer long sections and assemble to box. Add the reinforcement pieces to the short end edges with sticky strip after box base is assembled.
- The box cover is made from an 8-1/4"x8-5/16" piece.
- With the 8-5/16" edge at the top, score at 1/2", 2-9/16", 4-3/8", and 6-1/2".
- Crease folds well with bone folder and put sticky strip on the 1/2" edge flap.
- Decorate top as desired.
- Peel the sticky strip and wrap cover around box, adhere flaps together. Don't wrap too tight or it will be difficult to slide the box base in and out.
Please leave a comment and let me know how well this works for you :)