Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Silver and White

Ready for more Christmas cards! I know I should make more Christmas cards throughout the year, but it is really hard for me to be in the mood to make Christmas stuff after say, February! Usually I get into full Christmas mood in December, wish I had made more cards and rush to finish them up. Then all I can think about for the next 2 very snowy months is all the Christmas card ideas I say and want to make! Maybe, I'll just go with it this year and continue to make Christmas stuff in January and February to stash for next year :)

http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-paper-players-176-wow-white-on.html

This card was inspired by the Paper Players challenge this week. There is a little more silver on mine than just the sentiment, but I love it!


Growing up, we had a Percheron/Arab cross mare named June. A Percheron is a draft(work) horse and they are very large! She was too :) We could fit 3 teenage girls on her back, and our feet came about 1/2 the way down her belly! She was an amazing horse that my father got when he was 13 and the horse was 3, and she was 32 years old when she died. I lived with her until I was 18 years old and she was 29, and still miss her nearly every day. We had so much fun with this horse. She loved to pull our big red sleigh, which we actually took to church one day during a snow storm! We even had bells on her harness, which I can still hear in my memories. We would also tie a toboggan to her tail (below the flesh), and she would spend hours happily pulling us around the pasture! Oh, the days before snowmobiles in every home :)
Well, I had to buy this stamp set just because of that dear old mare, and this year, I wanted to make a Christmas card remembering her, to send to my dad.
The tree is embossed in Iridescent Ice over the sentiment and the silver glimmer and foil papers highlight the main image so well!
  • Stamps: Christmas Messages, In the Meadow (PTI)
  • Ink: Silver Encore, Versamark
  • Paper: White, Silver Foil, Silver Glimmer
  • Other: Bog Shot with Woodgrain embossing folder, Deco Label framelits, and In the Meadow dies, Essentials Paper piercing Pack, Paper Piercer and Mat, Embossing Buddy, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Heat Tool, dimensionals, 1" Square punch, sewing machine and thread
 I tucked the greeting in the lower corner on the inside to leave plenty of room to write a message inside :)



7 comments:

laurie said...

I hear ya on the "miss your horse" part and love how you did this stamp and die set. I LOVE the set and am so happy to see your card. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your memories with that wonderful animal.

Nance Leedy said...

Tanya, this is beautiful! What lovely memories it evokes for you and your father. I'm sure he will treasure it. Love the image and sentiment latered over the embossed ice tree--gorgeous! So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players! Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, what a pretty card. And of course the memories behind it make it even more lovely. TFS!!

Heidi Baks said...

Really pretty!

Yapha Mason said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love all of the sparkle. Nice back story about your horse, too.

stampwithsandy said...

I'm a horse lover too Tanya, and I smiled as you recalled your beloved mare. What a beautiful card that your father will love. The image is just lovely and your use of silver perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players!

Anonymous said...

I love horses never been "allowed" to own one. lol This is beautiful and your dad is going to love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails