Friday, December 20, 2013

Merry Soiree

How about a funny story with this card?! I had gotten up on Wednesday afternoon and started putting together a card design. I planed to knock out a pile of cards and get them out in the mail the next day. So I am busily getting glittery and cutting out components of my card when the phone rings at 5:10PM and caller ID says it is my work. I hesitate to answer because I don't want to pick up a shift as I will be working a long stretch soon. The conversation goes something like this:
"Hey Tanya, whatcha doing?"
"Oh, not much."
"So, did you know you are on the schedule to work today?"  (I work 5P-5A shifts)
"No I'm not. It's Tuesday, right."
 "Nope, it's Wednesday. .....Are you going to be a little while?"
"Oh crap! Um, ya, um, I'll be right in!"

I had not showered yet as I was going to wait until I was done doing glittery things, and then was going to go do some Christmas shopping. Well, I live 12 minutes from work. I showered and dressed, ran back upstairs to grab my glasses and remembered to close all of my ink pads, and raced to work and made it there at 5:43pm. But I forgot my name badge.... sigh. Some days! It all worked out, but dang! I have only done this once before, and that was about 5 years ago!

I did come up with a cute and fairly flat card though :) I think I need to run to the Post Office so I can buy some more of the 64¢ stamps! I use way too many dimensionals to use the standard postage stamp.
  • Stamps: Snowflake Soiree, Christmas Messages
  • Ink: Coastal Cabana, Illuminate, Silver Encore
  • Paper: White, Winter Frost DSP, Silver Glimmer
  • Other: Big Shot with Circle framelits and Experssions thinlits, Crystal Effects, sequins, Signo white gel pen

Here is a peek inside. I sure am getting a lot of use out of the Christmas Messages set this year :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the color combo and, of course, the sparkle. Sorry you got off schedule, though. I know how it feels - the story of my life ;)

Yapha Mason said...

So fun and glittery! What a great card! Sorry about work, though, totally stressful!

Anonymous said...

hehe I've done this a few times. ROFL glad it worked out your card is just beautiful. love all the glittery things!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails