Monday, December 2, 2013

The Stamp Review Crew: Festive Flurry Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-stamp-review-crew-festive-flurry.html
Welcome to our very first Stamp Review Crew Blop Hop! I am so excited for the fun to begin :) There is a bevy of talent on this hop, so go grab that hot beverage and come sit with us for a bit.

If you are following along on the the blog in order, then you just arrived from Adriana's blog. I know she inspires sure inspires me!

We are featuring the Festive Flurry stamp set that just happens to have a coordinating set of framelits dies. I chose to use the My Digital Studio version of this lovely set and to use it not as snowflakes, but as a sun.


Doesn't this look like a bright, sunshiny card! I love sunshine themed cards. They are so versatile, and can really brighten someone's day. There is no stamping on this card. It was all done in My Digital Studio, printed, cut out, and assembled.


Here is what my sheet of paper looked like before I cut it all out and made the card. The DSP is even something I created! I started with a 2"x5.5" block of Pumpkin Pie, then added the same snowflake several times using the "watermark" color in the stamp. It was so easy! Then I added the sentiment using KG Eyes Wide Open font that I found free on the web, and placed that right on my strip of custom DSP. I also created a liner for the card with the snowflakes in one corner. I fussy cut all of the snowflakes, then glued them together in the center, and curled the tips up a bit. I think it was worth the effort :)



The top panel is actually a full 4"x5.25" of Whisper White Core'dinations that I embossed with Stylish Stripes a little kitty-wumpus in the folder. I wanted the stripes going just so. After I glued the lower panel down, I stitched the ribbon on, then stitched most of the way around the panel. The snowflakes are popped up with dimensionals, then the excess was trimmed off. Rhinestones were added for some pop. Then the panel was glued to the Crushed Curry card base.

Lastly, I added the liner to the inside of the card.

That's all for me! Now it is time to go visit Debra Burgin for her take on this set! She is going to wow you! Or if you are going backwards, go to Adriana's blog :)

http://heartfeltinkspiration.com/

http://escape2stamp.com/

18 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Such a clever use of this stamp, Tanya! Great hop concept too! Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

I am loving the digital suggestions! And, as Jen said, wonderful blog hop idea. Am looking forward to seeing this twice monthly!!

Heidi Baks said...

Oh man, I love that white core'dinations card stock! And I already submitted my order... grrr! :) Your card is so bright and lovely, and the sewing! Thank you for all your hard work.

Cindy Beach said...

Tanya, this makes me smile! Love the sunshine idea and I appreciate your sharing how you made it. So many great details. I love the stitching, sunny colors and how you made a liner for the inside!

I agree with so many that this hop concept is the best! Thanks so much for inviting me to take part.

Dawn Tidd said...

Fun, fun, fun!! I love this and I'm with Cindy in that it just made me smile! Who knew snowflakes could be year-round but you?!

Thanks so much for your awesome "brain child" in this blog and for inviting me to be a part!

Anonymous said...

You are so smart!!! I love it and clever!!! I love those colors just beautiful!

Yapha Mason said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! And so clever to use the snowflakes for the sun! Really lovely! And thanks for putting together this great hop group!

Jill Coleman said...

Oh my goodness - I would have never thought to create a sunshine theme with the snowflakes! So awesome. And, you did it with MDS! You inspire me Tanya!

Martha said...

You make MDS look easy. And I love the stitching. Have yet to give that a try. Beautiful card and yes who would have thought snowflakes could be so cheery!

WebDeb said...

Love the anti-snowflake concept -- and fabulous MDS work!

Anonymous said...

Really pretty colors, Tanya!

-Nancy

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Love how you show the versatility of this stamp set. It can even be used as sunshine. Love it! And I am also loving being a part of this hop. Thanks, Tanya :)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Tanya! I love the bright colors...so cheery!

Kerry Willard Bray said...

Love your color choices, Tanya! Such a one of a kind spin on this set. Happy to be hopping with you!

Beth Beard said...

Beautiful color choices and such a creative use for snowflakes! It's lovely Tanya and thank you for all your hard work putting this blog hop together!

MaryR said...

so creative! Love the hot hot hot colors and the sunshine element

Rita W said...

I'm in love! I am so obsessed with anything sunshine related and You are My Sunshine is totally me and my girl's song! Fabulous idea! Thanks for having me on the SRC.

stressfreestamping said...

Oh my word, I LOVE your out-of-the-box thinking on this one! What a lovely sunshine! It's great to see another option for this set!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails