Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Shoebox Swap: Wetlands

I have never done a shoebox swap before and I was a little nervous that I didn't have enough of a Wow to my project, and that it would take too much time. I also was not planning on doing a masculine card, but most of the sets I got right away from the catalog were masculine sets. I do use them alot, so that is not a bad thing :)

This was my prototype. I used Wild Wasabi as the base green, and it looked kind of washed out. It looks ok, but it just did not have the punch I was envisioning.

So, I tried it with Gumball Green Core'dinations, and sanded the Woodgrain texture. What a difference! When I showed these to my hubby, his comment was that he liked the more subdues DSP on the first one, but the darker green on this one. I hope everyone enjoys making this card at the swap!
  • Stamps: Four You, Wetlands
  • Ink: Early Espresso
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Gumball Green Core'dinations, Naturals White, Soho Subway DSP
  • Other: Big Shot with Labels and Ovals framelits and Woodgrain embossing folder, Occasions and Festive Paper Piercing Packs, Paper Piercer and Mat, Signo white gel pen, Dimensionals, Sanding Block, Paper Snips

ETA: We flew in to Salt Lake City at about 1:30pm on Tuesday, then drove 4 hours south to Moab and Arches National Park. I thought I would share how we spent our sunset :)


 Here the sun is just starting to dip below the horizon and we are rushing to get to the Delicate Arch viewpoint before the sun actually sets.


And this is at twilight, which I am shocked this came out so well. There was not that much light for walking down the trail back to the car!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails