Sunday, July 28, 2013

Single Layer Birthday


 This was one of the toughest swaps to design for, I swear! When you have all kinds of tools and embellishments in your stash, you tend to use them all the time. That is great, it is the reason you bought all that yummy stuff in the first place right? (Ok, I'll admit there is stuff I have bought that I just pet, and save for something really special) But, seeing as how I am a demonstrator and need to teach new people how to create lovely things at the beginning of their papercrafting journey, it really helps to have some beautiful, single layer, limited supply samples :)

Turns out I was having trouble deciding which color to use, so I made a few practice runs at it before I settled on this one. I did emboss this one, but it is still a limited supply card, I swear! And I actually used a ruler to draw that outline, which I am sure you can tell :)
  • Stamps: Secret Garden, Perfectly Penned
  • Ink: Illuminate, Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe
  • Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe
  • Other: Signo white gel pen, Embossing Buddy, White embossing powder, Heat Gun, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, ruler

I tried it in Pistachio Pudding with the greeting from You're Amazing and Wild Wasabi ink and marker.

 And in Primrose Petals with Raspberry Ripple ink for the sentiment and Primrose Petals marker for the flowers.

Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful! Love the flowers embossed this way. All three are great with the colors you chose. One layer cards are a real challenge for me but I should do this more often. I feel a case coming on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails