Monday, April 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Sunshine!

I could not resist posting again today after I found this challenge at The Friday Mashup, it fit my mood too well for this past weekend. Yes, there is still a bunch of snow in my yard, but considerably less than on Friday.  And my driveway is 99% free of snow/ice. So yes, it kind of was like a birthday for the sunshine :)

The challenge was to create something showcasing sunshine. Instant love and inspiration!

I even like the Summer Starfruit on this card. And incidentally, the stamps I used are retiring also. I used sentiment stamps from two sets. The "sunshine" is from Pursuit of Happiness, the stamps that reads "Live in the sunshine-Ralph Waldo Emerson". I just used Scotch tape to mask up the words I didn't need while I inked up the stamp on the inkpad, then peeled the tape off before stamping. Slick trick I learned from one of my stampin' friends. Sorry, I don't remember which friend, but THANKS! It is an awesome trick :)
  • Stamps: Best Dad Ever, Pursuit of Happiness
  • Ink: Summer Starfruit
  • Paper: Naturals White, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party Core'dinations
  • Other: Big Shot with Cloudy Day embossing folder and Floral Frames and Labels framelits, Tea Lace Doily, Signo white gel pen, Sanding Block, dimensionals, 1¼" Square punch
How was your sunshine this weekend?

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wonderful sunshine card, one cant help but smile when looking at it!

Here in Alaska I still have plenty of snow in my yard also, with snow forecast for later in the week. I love it though, I would have snow year round if I could! My BFF lives outside of Crookston MN and she is ready for warm weather :)

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Yapha said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the clouds on the pool party! Such a bright, happy card.

Paper Art Garden said...

Such a pretty card. I love the colors and the white outline on the yellow paper.

Heidi Baks said...

Love it, Tanya! What a fun sentiment.. and your signature outlining really makes the sun pop. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Anonymous said...

What a happy, sunshiny card! Love the color combo and the combination of layers you used.
One thing, the tape trick is a good one - as long as you remember to take the tape off before you stamp. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails