Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wishful Thinking

Here in the frozen tundra (that would be Northern Minnesota right now) we are wishing spring had sprung! I know that it will eventually. But I swear, if there is still snow on the ground in June, I am going to cry. I need some sunshine, and to play in the dirt. So in the meantime, instead of planting flowers, I will have to stamp them. I just finally broke down and ordered the Secret Garden bundle. I really like it. I hadn't seen too many cards I liked with it, but I knew I could do stuff with it that I would like.

This was the first thing I made with this set, and I love it, even though it is a nearly one-layer card. It has enough complexity to make me happy :) I used the Aquapainter and some Whisper White reinker to paint the line art flowers after embossing them in white.
  • Stamps: Hey There, Friend and Secret Garden
  • Ink: Illuminate, Calypso Coral, Summer Starfruit, Early Espresso, Whisper White Craft
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Summer Starfruit
  • Other: Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, White embossing powder, Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, Signo white gel pen, sticky strip


6 comments:

Yapha said...

What a gorgeous card! I love those flowers stamped on the Crumb Cake!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! I love what you did with the white flowers! Sending you some sunshine from Maui...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Such a pretty color combination. I truly think this is the prettiest card I have seen created with this stamp set!

Paper Art Garden said...

The colors are wonderful. The white with the aqua painter make all the difference on this card. I love the card.

Paula said...

Very cute card! Love the bright colors on the Crumb Cake paper.

Cindy said...

Wonderful colours and great stamping! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails