Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sahara Wisteria Plum

It is the season to make a pile of Mother's Day cards! At my house at least :) I need to take a bunch to sell at work. I needed a little inspiration, so I hopped over to MojoMonday and Friday Mashup! for a little help.

 I started with the color challenge from Friday Mashup, which was Sahara Sand, Wisteria Wonder, and Perfect Plum. A bit of a challenge, I must admit.

Then I looked at a couple sketch challenges and finally settled on this one. And away I went!

There are a lot of layers on this puppy! I like how it turned out though. I used a technique I learned from a swapping friend of mine, Debra Burgin. She called it Faux Bleach, and what you do is take an Aquapainter and pick up some Whisper White Craft reinker and paint it onto your images on colored paper. I don't think it looks like bleach on this card, but I really like the effect anyway :)
  • Stamps: Secret Garden, Wonderful Mother
  • Ink: Whisper White Craft, Illuminate (for embossing), Basic Gray, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum
  • Paper: Sahara Sand, Naturals White, Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, In-Color DSP pack
  • Other: Big Shot with Secret Garden framelit and Honeycomb embossing folder, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Wisteria Wonder Baker's Twine, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, White embossing powder, Aquapainter, dimensionals, 1¾" Circle punch, Signo white gel pen, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer and Mat, sewing machine and thread
More Mother's Day cards to come, so stay tuned!

6 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Hi Tanya!! Fun layers and elements! Love your rhinestones and colors in your flower collage. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Paper Art Garden said...

The faux bleach technique is very nice. It adds so much to the flowers. Pretty card. I really like the colors together.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you picked a couple of tough challenges! But the card is very pretty. I really like the stamped layer (the multiple flowers) and the combination of honeycomb pattern with it.

Yapha said...

Great use of the colors and the sketch! I love all of the different textures that you layered together. Really nice!

Paula said...

Beautiful! Great way to combine the challenges. That was a tough sketch.

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is really beautiful! I love the addition of the rhinestones. Gorgeous use of the colours this week. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails