Thursday, October 31, 2013

Bite Me!

Ok, I don't really want you to bite me :) But you have to admit, it gets your attention! I discovered a new technique this weekend that I just love. It was defined and demonstrated by Janine Tinklenberg (aka the great JanTink) that she calls the Dirty Joseph's Coat technique. Check out that link, she has lovely video tutorial there :)

I started out using the Dynamic Duo challenge, but read the rules again before posting and realized that the challenge is to use those 2 colors with only neutrals.... oh well! I love the pop of green in this, so no way would I change it  :)
  • Stamps: Bite Me photopolymer, Tags 4 You
  • Paper: White, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz
  • Ink: Perfect Plum, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Pear Pizzazz
  • Other: Stampin' Trimmer with Rotary addition and Tiny Wave cutter, Label Bracket, 1¼" and 1-3/8" Circle punches, Signo white gel pen, Raven Trim Lace (retired) , Black Flourish designer jewels (retired), dimensionals

Now this picture goes WAY back to 2007. I think this was the last time we took all of the kids out trick-or-treating together. Sigh.... I miss those days...
Charlene was a Zombie Prom Queen (one of her own dresses and some clearance bin costume makeup), Dakota was the invisible man (sunglasses, a hat, and an ACE wrap!), David was a werewolf (make-up kit off the clearance rack from the year before), and Geoffrey was a young Obiwan Kinobe (with a light saber toy and some felt sewn into a long vest).  This was the best outside, in the dark, photo shoot I have ever had and some of my favorite shots of the kids. I will be working tonight, so we will see what ER is like in Bemidji compared to Red Lake. It was actually quiet in Red Lake on Halloween :)

5 comments:

JanTink said...

This is awesome, Tanya! I love the doodling with the white around the edge. The technique is perfect for your card...so glad you like it!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!!! Just wow love the picture of the family too!

Yapha Mason said...

Gorgeous card! The green really makes it! Fun picture of the kids, too! Happy Halloween!

Paper Art Garden said...

The title made me laugh and think of Garfield. You did a great job on the technique. I like the green in there too. Thanks for sharing the link to the video.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Nice job with this technique. I found you by way of leaving a comment on Jan's blog. Off to read your blog now...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails