Friday, October 25, 2013

Feathered Burlap

Why do I think feathers are a seasonal thing? Feathers feel like fall to me. Maybe because of duck and pheasant hunting season here... I am not sure. But now is when I am feeling the feathers, hehe! This is another extended flip-flop card.



I used this color challenge from The Paper Players but I posted this card too late to add it to their linkies, oh well!

But I think it still works for this challenge. I could be thinking of someone, on their birthday ;) Actually, I am so bad about getting my cards out in the mail on time, this year I have resorted to using thinking of you cards for all of the late birthday wishes :blush:




Here is is all closed up. I used some of that fabulous Burlap ribbon from the Holiday Mini. And can you tell that the smallest feather is stamped in Gold? The feathers under the button were stamped on vellum and then cut out.

Open it one step and you see the inside sentiment. There are more feathers stamped in Midnight Muse behind the gold "hello".

And this is the card open all the way. I this that I will probably always make an extended flip-flop so there is somewhere to actually write in the card! But these Thinlit dies for the flip-flop cards are so worth the money. They make these cards so quick and easy to make.



4 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Gorgeous card! I love those colors with the gold and burlap!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!! Those colors are so pretty together and this is perfect with the Burlap!

Anonymous said...

Love the combination of the burlap and gold along with the challenge colors. Masculine but without being dark (which most masculine color combos seem to be). AS for the cards being late… I'm considering a new tradition of sending everyone's cards out in Jan and Feb for the whole year! LOL I'm ALWAYS late…. that's just shameful!

Paper Art Garden said...

The card is beautiful! Love blues with the hint of gold. Beautiful use of the feathers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails