Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Little Monsters

Ok, let's just get this out of my system! I have 2 more cards using Monstermania that I made with the same image and on the same day I made the easel card. Yup, I went a little crazy experimenting with the coloring and could not let the images go to waste :)

This is actually the very first card I made with this set. It didn't feel quite right, not balanced or something...

....So I made this one! I like this one better. They are both going to Operation Write Home too. These are really fun images to color, and they are not huge so it goes fast. The Hugs and Kisses sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink stamp set, and fit perfectly with the feelings I wanted to convey with this card :)

Now, how about this for a "little" monster! This is Lily, one of our now 10 year old Golden Retrievers...

....with her sister Rose and one of my other little monsters, Geoffrey. My kids think it is perfectly fine for these dogs to be A) on the couch and B) Lapdogs!



4 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Super cute cards! I really like Soft Sky & Crushed Curry together! I never would have thought of combining them! Hugs to your Goldens! Makes me miss mine - she was 10 when she passed.

Anonymous said...

Love this card!! You really want me to get this set don't ya! ROFL I love the picture with your son too. I am so the same way. lol Drives Jamie nuts that i let our dog on the couch with me.

Paper Art Garden said...

I love when big dogs think they are lap dogs. They need to snuggle too! The cards are really cute. I love how the little monster fits on the tag.

Anonymous said...

The cards are so, so cute. Love the color combos and I'm sure the soldier who sends them home is going to enjoy using them!
Just got my set yesterday and cannot wait to start working with them. (It's like that kiddie feeling of getting a new box of crayons!)
Btw, your dogs are beautiful. But they do make me glad that my dog really IS a lap dog. You can barely see your son behind the dogs! Lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails