Sunday, October 20, 2013

Truly Hello

This card took FOREVER to make! Why? Because I was having some serious creativity block going on and really needed to get the ideas flowing again... we all have those times. You cruise the internet looking for something to inspire you and end up distracted or half asleep. Then you feel like everything you start is just a copy of someone's work. So, I just started with the idea to make an extended flip-flop card and went from there.

Sandy MacIver has a video showing how to make a really long landscape flip-flop with the Thinlits card dies :)

 I found a fabulous sketch over at Fab Friday and had to play with it :)

So, I started out with some chevron woodgrain, then progressed on to the embossing and distressing, slowly building my card plan.

Then I thought it would look pretty cool to have a sentiment in this circle and a strip of DSP. I haven't decided who I will send this too yet so I haven't finished the sentiment yet. The DSP is just a ¾" strip glued into the flip-flop hinge.

I then decided I wanted plenty of room to write a message, but that it still needed some decoration, so I just stamped some leaves and outlined a bunch. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. Sometimes, you just have to go with the flow :)

I'll leave you with a beautiful mud puddle :) This puddle forms in front of our house after every rain. But it isn't always so pretty, reflecting the changing tree colors and a bright blue sky. I love the blue of the sky in the fall!


5 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Wow! You have really outdone yourself with this one!! I love all of the layers. The strip on the hinge is such a great idea!!

Amy O said...

Beautiful card! I love all of the layers, and the pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is what blocked is? lol this is awesome!!! love that puddle picture to it is so beautiful!

Amanda Mertz said...

Your diligence in working to finish this card certainly paid off! It's lovely! The colors, stitching details and the extended length are all fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Paper Art Garden said...

The card was worth the struggle. The layers are beautiful. Love the leaf on the circle and the little chevrons. Very nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails