Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Warm Buck Wishes

Hunting season has started! Not rifle season, but bow season. Lots of deer hunters in our family, and some of them have birthdays coming up. This set is featured as a Christmas set in the Holiday Mini, but this buck is just begging to be used for some general masculine cards!!

I have rediscovered my love for the magic of wet embossing. I had stopped doing it for a long time because at the club I was leading, one lady hated using the heat gun, and there were usually several small children running around and I just did not feel safe having a heat gun plugged in and waiting for a child to a)trip on the cord or b) get burned with the gun. Well, that group no longer meets, and I miss them so much. But I will always think of them when I wet emboss!

The crumb Cake piece is embossed in gold with the Woodgrain background stamp, and the deer is in Early Espresso embossing powder. The sentiment is stamped in Gold Encore ink. This card is going to my brother-in-law for his birthday. Happy Belated Birthday Justin!


 I'll leave you with a shot of Dakota all camou'ed out last fall. He was on his way to go play some paint ball with friends. You know, I never really thought about how much clothing we own that is camouflage until a travel nurse I worked with last fall commented on it. She is from New Jersey, and camou was a new thing for her. At work we even have a camou crock pot and Dr. Dave drives a truck with camou trim!
As for the duct tape on his boot, well, what can I say. Duct tape does fix everything! And imagine how hard it is to find size 15 boots....

4 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Great masculine card! Love the texture!

irishgalkelly said...

Tanya, this is an awesome card! I haven't seen too many using it in blog land and I like your take on it. I've been doing some wet embossing myself and it sure makes a difference. I love the texture it provides. The gold woodgrain is really pretty on this one too. Great inspiration! Fun story too!

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought to emboss the woodgrain background… it looks wonderful! And that deer is wonderful for the hunters amongst us. I was just joking with my customers that "Greetings of the Season" would make a good greeting for Deer season!

Paper Art Garden said...

Awesome card for a hunter's birthday. When I first saw the stamp set, I thought of hunting right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails